101 San Mateo
New express lanes are open from 380 to Oregon Expressway.
- FasTrak is required to travel in all express lanes
- Clean air vehicles are required to have FasTrak CAV for clean air and carpool discounts. All other vehicles need a FasTrak Flex® for carpool discounts
Clean air vehicles need FasTrak CAV for discounts!
- FasTrak CAV tag required for clean air vehicle discounts
New Northbound express lanes are between SR-84 and Auto Mall Pkwy. Tolling returns to 680 Sunol.
- FasTrak toll tags are required for all vehicles to travel in the express lanes
- Clean air vehicles are required to have a FasTrak CAV for clean air and carpool discounts. All other vehicles need a FasTrak Flex® for carpool discounts
Need a toll tag with a switch? Order a FasTrak Flex or FasTrak CAV and return the tag you don’t need by mail or in person at 375 Beale Street, San Francisco.
Setting the switch on your FasTrak Flex or FasTrak CAV is the only way to get discounts in Bay Area Express Lanes. Just set the switch to match the number of people in your vehicle every time you drive. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
Clean air vehicles with a single occupant get 50% off with a FasTrak CAV toll tag.
Solo drivers in all other vehicles pay full price.
Two people in the car?
Take 50% off!
On 580 and 680 express lanes, vehicles with two or more occupants travel FREE.
Vehicles with three or more occupants travel FREE.
Motorcycles and two-seat cars with two people in them travel free with the switch set to 3.
Have questions? Get answers.
Which tag do I need?
How do I know which toll tag my vehicle needs? Watch this quick video to learn more.
How do I use the switch?
When do I use the switch on my tag? Watch this quick video to learn more.